The so-called “Pearl of Adriatic”, Polignano a Mare is known for its unique high cliffs and jagged coastline, incredible caves excavated in the rocks, caves accessible only from the sea. The erosive action of water, wind and the karst phenomenon have created a charming landscape. Of course, the best way to enjoy this show is from the sea perspective: with this boat tour in Polignano a Mare, you will admire the play of colour and light of these unique caves and have the chance to swim in the crystal waters of the coast. Often Mother Nature enjoys being an artist and you cannot miss to admire this masterpiece.
Program of the Polignano a Mare and sea caves boat tour:
- Meeting point in the port of San Vito (Frazione di San vito 342 – Polignano a Mare) and start of the boat tour.
- Just below the town is the Grotta Palazzese, the largest of the grottos, considered one of the “seven scenic wonders of the world”. This particular cave was used for royal banquets at the request of Italian nobility since the 18th century. Today the natural sea cave hosts a unique restaurant, which is sort of suspended between the town above and the Adriatic Sea 74 feet below.
- The tour continues with a stop at the Ardito Cave: as you enter the cave, you will see how small beams of sunlight find ways to penetrate the rock and illuminate the unique play of colors on the cave walls.
- Further along, we find the Chiangella Cave, named after the cries of the weeping mothers desperate for news of the fate of their daughters who were kidnapped during the raids of the Saracens and pirates and the Cave of Nuns, named after its most frequent visitors, the religious, who could swim peacefully away from curious eyes.
- The tour continues with a stop in Lama Monachile, one of the most beautiful sights in all of Polignano a Mare. A beautiful bay, this is the foundation upon which the city is built and a must see when visiting Polignano.
- Further along, you can see the majestic Island of San Paolo or “Rock Hermit”; it owes its name to the legend that tells of a mysterious person that had chosen this rock to pursue a life in solitude and meditation.
- Among the other points of interest, you will see: Episcopina Cave, Favale Cave, Port’Alga, Cala Paura and Rondinelle Cave. In addition, during the tour there will be a stop for swimming.
The price includes: Professional skipper.
The price does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Do not forget: Swimsuit – Beach towel – Equipment for snorkeling – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Camera.
Maximum: 7 people on board.