You can walk around Venice. You could take a water taxi. But, really, there’s only one way to get around La Serenissima, as this city of bridges and canals is nicknamed. And that way is by gondola. Join the shared gondola ride experience, an enchanting and relaxing way to enjoy the colours, lights, sights, charm and beauty of Venice. You will admire elegant bank-side palaces, unique bridges and breath the charming and magic atmosphere that only a town built on water can give you.
Tour program of the Venice gondola ride:
- Meeting point at the Royal Gardens, on the waterfront of St. Mark’s Square and start of the boat tour.
- Meet your gondolier and step right into your gondola for an unforgettable tour of Venice. Sit back and enjoy the city from the water as your gondolier steers you peacefully through the silent canals.
- Your gondolier will take you on a 30-minute ride across different parts of central Venice, starting from the Grand Canal: soak up the passing scenery of Gothic palaces and historic homes as you glide beneath stone bridges. Admire the Church of Santa Maria della Salute, a majestic building standing in the suggestive landscape of St Mark’s Basin and the Grand Canal; the church was built to commemorate the end of Venice’s most severe and devastating plague.
- Leave the bustle of the Grand Canal behind, gliding through some of Venice’s quieter and narrower canals. You will be able to admire a not very well known Venice whilst being gently lulled by the calm sway of your gondola.
- Admire the most famous theatre in Venice, the Fenice Opera House, with its stunning exteriors, sadly notorious for being repeatedly destroyed by fire and rebuilt; but also the Guggenheim Museum & Peggy Guggenheim’s former home, the ill-fated Ca’ Dario Palace, the beautiful San Moise Church, Mozart’s home in Venice and numerous magnificent Gothic and Byzantine Palaces that echo the great prosperity that Venice; the Venetians once enjoyed during the times of the Serenissima Republic.
- After 30 memorable minutes, say farewell to your gondolier back at the original departure point and continue on your own Venetian adventure with amore in your heart.
*This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travellers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If so, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
The price includes: 30 minutes ride in a traditional Venetian gondola.
The price does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Do not forget: Camera – Comfortable shoes.
Maximum: 6 people on board.