Immersed in the Venetian lagoon, not far from Venice and its treasures, the islands of Murano and Burano smell of ancient traditions and can offer unique emotions and unforgettable views. Discover the most famous islands of the lagoon with this intimate boat tour accompanied by an expert guide and gain perspective on the ageless arts of Murano glassblowing and Burano lacemaking and the mastery of artisans, as well as delight in the unique charm of the tranquil canals and piazzas of these vibrant islets.
Tour program of the Murano and Burano private boat trip:
- Meeting point at the Royal Gardens, on the waterfront of St. Mark’s Square and start of the boat tour.
- Enjoy the scenery as you ride along the water through the Venice lagoon, heading to the island of Burano which is the first stop of the boat tour. See with our own eyes the lines of technicolor houses that have taken over Instagram; legend has it that people started painting their houses in bright colours so that fishermen coming home after their exhausting work could tell which house was theirs even when there was thick fog. According to a different story though, drunkenness rather than the fog was the reason why they couldn’t find their way home. Either way Burano has those fishermen to thank for its unique charm.
- The island has also been a centre of lace making for centuries, and many of the around 3,000 residents still make the intricate designs by hand. Enjoy some time to explore Burano, browsing in the lace shops or wandering around the island, getting lost in its narrow alleys and being enchanted by its bright colours.
- After a pleasant stroll around the Island of Burano, we’ll make our way to Murano, renowned for the production of glass. The island is filled with furnaces pumping out heat and smoke, glassblowers worked in shops and studios molding and shaping swirls of colored glass into spectacular chandeliers, vases, figurines, beads and jewelry.
- Visit a selected glass-factory to see a demonstration of glass-blowing as well as visit the factory’s showroom to admire the high quality of glass produced on the island.
The price includes: Professional skipper – English speaking guide – Entrance to the glass factory.
The price does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Do not forget: Camera – Sun hat – Comfortable shoes.
Maximum: 8 people on board.