Venice was built to be seen from the water and the only way to appreciate its charm is by gliding through the narrow and picturesque streams of the town. During this two-hour tour on a luxurious motor boat with a small group and an expert guide, you will explore the famous Grand Canal with the Rialto Bridge; you will travel through the cities “sestieri” (neighborhoods), but also enjoy the quiet charm of Venetian backstreets and observe canal-side scenes of daily life. All aboard, beautiful sights ahead!
Program tour of the boat ride along the Grand Canal and neighborhoods:
- Meeting point at the Royal Gardens, on the waterfront of St. Mark’s Square and start of the boat tour.
- While sailing away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, along the less visited canals, you will discover the Cathedral of San Pietro di Castello. This place of worship that seems a little abandoned was actually the main cathedral of Venice for centuries before the Basilica of San Marco was “promoted” from the state of humble chapel to that of cathedral.
- The tour continues to the imposing “Water Gate“, the access to Venice’s 12th-century shipyard known as the Arsenale. Learn how this historic naval depot was once among the greatest in Europe during Venice’s reign as a maritime superpower.
- Then, continuing our route through the labyrinth of back canals of the city, we will explore the Cannaregio district and see some of its most charming canals: the quieter waterways, the romantic restaurants and bars on the side of the canals and then head to the picturesque area known as the Jewish Ghetto.
- At the Jewish ghetto, enjoy a quick stop (about 15/20 minutes) to explore the historic quarters on foot and capture photos of the centuries-old buildings that surround the main square.
- Then, continue your journey via some of the back canals in the Santa Croce and Dorsoduro areas, stopping at a famous Gondola workshop where artisans still produce the traditional Venetian Gondolas.
- And of course, during this small group Venice boat tours you’ll cruise down the Grand Canal. Sit back and enjoy the stories, as your guide will introduce you to the splendid palaces, churches, gardens, bridges and warehouses that line Venice’s main street.
*This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travellers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If so, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
The price includes: Professional skipper – English speaking guide.
The price does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Do not forget: Camera – Sun hat – Comfortable shoes.
Maximum: 8 people on board.