Shaped like a giant lizard, Dia is a small island opposite to Heraklion and one of Crete’s top attractions away from the crowds. On board of a beautiful sailing yacht with only 8 guests, we will depart from Heraklion and discover this uninhabited island, which is now one of Natura 2000 Project protected area. Enjoy plenty of time for swimming and snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of the island; a delicious lunch featuring local dishes, carefully selected and freshly prepared with organic ingredients, and the many beautiful views of the island by sea.
Tour program of the sailing boat trip to Dia island:
- Meeting point in Heraklion Old Venetian port at 10:00am, where you will board a luxurious sailing yacht with expert captain and friendly crew.
- We will set sail for the island of Dia, which is approximately 1 hour away from Heraklion. Along the way, enjoy the silence while the yacht sails and let yourself be guided by the skipper through some secrets of the art of sailing. Feel free to participate if would like to.
- Once arrived to Dia island, the skipper will drop anchor in a protected cove with turquoise crystal clear waters. Here you will have plenty of time for swimming and snorkeling, while exploring the rich sea bottom. If you don’t feel in the mood for swimming, just relax on the boat soaking up the sun.
- In the meantime, the crew will prepare the lunch: you will be treated with a full menu of Cretan cuisine featuring local products and organic ingredients, as well as soft drinks, local wine and coffee or tea.
- After a cool refreshing dive, we will set sail for Heraklion and, as the boat glides through the water, you will likely encounter dolphins, which love to swim in our bow wake.
- The tour will end around 2:30pm at Heraklion Old Venetian port.
*You can request a transfer from/to your hotel, upon payment of an extra charge.
The price includes: English speaking crew – Lunch or dinner with local dishes – Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages – Equipment for snorkeling.
Don’t forget: Towel – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 8 people on board.