If you only have one day in Milos and want to see as much as possible, hop on board of a luxurious catamaran and join a small group boat trip to Milos and Poliegos. Highlights of the cruise will be Kleftiko caves, Sykia, Gerakas bay and Galazia Nera beach in Poliegos. During the day you will swim and snorkel in some of the clearest, most beautiful sea you have ever seen, explore caves that the pirates used to use, indulge in a traditional Greek lunch, and learn a lot about the history of the island of Milos.
Tour program of Milos and Poliegos boat trip:
- Meeting point at 8:45am at the port of Adamas, where you will meet the crew and board a comfortable catamaran.
- We will start circumnavigating the island of Milos, heading to Cape Vani, an impressive 30 meter tall rock that marks the west entrance of the bay and famous for the ruins of an abandoned manganese mine which can be seen there.
- We continue sailing until we reach Sykia, one of the biggest and most impressive caves of Milos. We will stop by the cave entrance to take some pictures and, right after, we head to a nearby bay for some swimming in one of the best points of the island. Brunch will be waiting for you on board.
- Our next destination is the iconic Kleftiko: known for being an old pirates hide out, here you will find caves, grottos and underwater passages everywhere you turn with the most stunning turquoise blue water you have ever seen. Snorkelling here is an amazing experience.
- We continue sailing to the south Milos until we reach our next swim stop: the impressive bay of Gerakas, one of the best beaches in Milos, accessible only by boat.
- We will then reach Poliegos, the largest uninhabited Greek island. Our main stop is the area of Galazia Nera: the transparency and fluorescent color of the sea are beyond words! Here we will swim and enjoy a delicious lunch prepared freshly on board.
- Our next stop is Glaronisia, a complex of uninhabited islets off the Northern shores of Milos, made up by hexagonal-shaped lava rocks. We will stop here to take some photos and to admire the unique landscape.
- Coming back to Adamas, you will pass by the famous bear-shaped Arkoudes rocks, the fisherman villages of Fourkovouni, Areti and Klima, the capital of the ancient Milos.
- We will arrive to Adamas around 7:00pm.
*Cruise itineraries are subject to change depending on weather conditions and at the captain discretion.
**In case of strong north winds, we will start the cruise from the south side of Milos. Transfer to and from the port of Adamas is offered and included in the price.
***In case of south winds, we will sail from Adamas along the north side of Milos and Poliegos.
****A 15% discount will be given as compensation if, due to the sea and weather conditions, the visit to Poliegos is not possible.
The price includes: English speaking crew – Lunch – Snacks – Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages – Equipment for snorkeling – GoPro for underwater pictures.
Don’t forget:Swimsuit – Towel – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 18 people on board.