As the sun begins to set over Lisbon, climb aboard a quiet sailboat and enjoy the beauty of the city kissed by the disappearing golden hue of the sun as you sail along the tranquil waters of the Tagus River. During the sunset sailing tour, you will be able to admire the main attractions of Lisbon at the most magical and evocative time of the day and enjoy a unique experience.
Program of the sunset sailing tour on the Tagus River:
- Meet 15 minutes before departure at the black van with the logo Tagus Cruises in front of Gate No. 1 of the Marina Doca do Bom Sucesso, between the BP gas station and the Vela Latina restaurant.
- The tour will take you along the Tagus River, one of the most important rivers in Portugal, which crosses the entire Iberian Peninsula and will surely leave you spellbound by the spectacular colors of the sunset reflected on the water.
- Along the way, you will be able to admire the Monument of the Discoveries, built to celebrate the era of geographical discoveries by Portuguese navigators, whose grandeur and elegance will take your breath away
- The next stop is the 25 de Abril Bridge, one of the most famous and characteristic monuments of Lisbon, known for its size and its resemblance to the Golden Gate of San Francisco.
- The tour will continue with the Alfama neighborhood, one of the most authentic landscapes of Lisbon, which is characterized by the fact that it has remained unchanged over time, made up of narrow alleys and pastel-colored houses built very close to each other. This district also houses the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, the oldest church in the city.
- Then, the Church of Santa Engrácia, a baroque monument transformed in 1916 into the National Pantheon, where the country’s most important citizens are buried.
- Finally, returning to Doca do Bom Sucesso, as the last lights of the day give way to nightfall, it will be possible to admire the Belém Tower, the symbol of Lisbon, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Other points of interest include: the Electricity Museum, São Jorge Castle and the Commercial Square, commonly known as Terreiro do Paço.
- Before returning to the port, scheduled approximately 2 hours after departure, a light aperitif including a drink and snacks will be offered on board.
The price includes: Professional skipper – 1 drink per person- Snacks.
Don’t forget: Valid ID or passport – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 12 people on board.