Though Zadar has a beautiful old town, its location on a magnificent and calm channel makes it a perfect place to have a sailing experience. Board your sailboat and begin a calm and refreshing trip through the waters of the canal towards the island of Ugljan. Experience the stunning seascapes and rich underwater world of the Adriatic Sea, with stops for swimming and snorkeling as well as sightseeing the charming local village of Preko on Ugljan island.
Tour program of the sailing trip to Zadar Canal:
- Meeting point at 8:45am or 1:45pm in Zadar at the entrance of the Marina Borik address Obala kneza Domagoja 1 (entrance opposite the Yachting Bar).
- We will set sail for the island of Ugljan. On the way there, we will cruise through the Zadar Canal, a place of beautiful sea landscapes and rich underwater life. There are numerous islets spread all over the canal and every one of them tells its own unique story.
- Once arrived to Ugljan island, we will dock in Preko, the small village of the island. Here you will have some free time to take a walk around the tiny town, have a coffe in one of the beach bars or take a swim. We also suggest you to visit the nearby islet and green oasis of Galevac. Literally 80 metres away from the coast of Ugljan island, Galevac is a magical little islet that is home to a Franciscan monastery built in the 15th century.
- Once back on board, we will continue the tour for a last stop in a secluded bay, where you can relax and enjoy the clear waters of the Adriatic Sea.
- On the way back to Zadar, enjoy the amazing overview at the many islands and islets and the old town panorama. The tour will end at 1:00pm or 6:00pm.
*Please keep in mind the route and time schedule can vary depending on the weather and sea conditions.
The price includes: English speaking skipper – Equipment for snorkeling.
The price does not include: Food – Beverages.
Don’t forget: Beach towel – Swimsuit – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 9 people on board.