The southeastern tip of Dugi Otok is split in two by the deeply indented Telašćica Bay, dotted with five small islands and five even tinier islets. With superb, sheltered azure waters, it’s one of the largest, most beautiful and least spoilt natural harbours in the Adriatic. Hop aboard your sailing boat and set off for the Telašćica Nature Park: you can swim in the azure waters of a protected cove, hike along the coast, see stone sculptures and local nature preserves, and more.
Tour program of the sailing trip to Telašćica Nature Park:
- Meeting point at 8:45am in Zadar at the entrance of the Marina Borik address Obala kneza Domagoja 1 (entrance opposite the Yachting Bar).
- We will set sail for the island of Dugi Otok. On the way there, you’ll be able to see a part of the Kornati National Park, and then you’ll enter the Telašćica Nature Park. We will stop at Telašćica bay, the biggest and the most beautiful natural harbour in the Adriatic sea, after which the whole nature park got the name. Here you can enjoy some free time for swimming and snorkeling. You can also have a stroll and visit the donkey reserve, home to 14 Croatian breed donkeys.
- The tour continues with short sightseeing of the unique saltwater lake Mir (which means Peace in English) in the southwestern part of the park. The salt waters of the lake derive from the underground canals that connect it to the sea. It is one of very few salt lakes in Europe.
- Afterwards the boat departs to its last location, the cliffs of Dugi Otok, called Stene (and also known as the “Devil`s Cliffs”). Marvel at the vertical cliffs that rise up to 160 meters from the sea and vertically falling down 90 m into the sea. The area is rich in interesting flora and fauns, and, if you are lucky enough, dolphins may be seen swimming along the cliffs.
- Before coming back to Zadar, enjoy a last stop in a small cove for more swimming.
- The tour will end around 6:00pm in Zadar.
*Please keep in mind the route and time schedule can vary depending on the weather and sea conditions.
The price includes: English speaking skipper – Equipment for snorkeling – Entrance ticket to Telašćica Nature Park.
The price does not include: Food – Beverages.
Don’t forget: Beach towel – Swimsuit – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 7 people on board.