Recently crowned Italian Capital of Culture 2022, Procida is a little gem nestled in the Gulf of Naples, which enchants visitors with its intense colors, unspoiled nature, and numerous coves hidden in a turquoise and crystal clear sea. Aboard a comfortable boat with only 12-14 guests, depart from Ischia to discover Procida, and enjoy stops to swim in the most exclusive coves and to admire the most charming views: the islet of Vivara, Marina di Corricella, the bay of Chiaiozza, Il Postino beach and much more. In addition, with a stop of 1 or 2 hours, you can also visit Procida by land.
Program of the boat trip to Procida:
- Meet at about 11:30am at the Restaurant L’Altra Mezzanotte, at the Port of Ischia. Here you will meet the crew and get on board a comfortable “gozzo sorrentino”.
- Departure for Procida and tour of the island by boat. During the trip you can admire the islet of Vivara, a crescent-shaped small island, uninhabited and connected to the island by a long bridge, that can only be crossed on foot. Small, wild and unspoiled, with its clear waters and marine plants, Vivara has been declared State Nature Reserve in 2002.
- The tour continues to Pozzo Vecchio beach, which became famous for being the set of Massimo Troisi’s last movie “Il Postino”. Enclosed in a beautiful natural bay, with dark volcanic sand and crystal clear water, here we will stop for a swim.
- Then we will head to Terra Murata, which you can admire from the unique perspective of the sea. Terra Murata is the oldest settlement on the island, fortified and overlooking the sea. Here you will find the former prison of Palazzo d’Avalos and the Abbey of San Michele. Just beyond Punta Monaci, you will find yourself in front of the wonderful village of Marina di Corricella, the symbol of the island in the world, with its interlacement of arches, domes, windows, stairs and multicoloured facades. The bay that surrounds Corricella is the perfect place to dive and then lie in the sun.
- Another point of interest is the bay of Chiaiozza, a real gem that not everyone knows: a natural pool carved into the rock and well hidden among the rocks near the marina of Chiaiolella.
- During the tour there will be stops to swim and snorkel, snacks and cold drinks are offered on board. There will be also a 1 or 2 hour stop at the port, during which you can explore Procida on foot.
- The tour ends with the return to the port of Ischia, scheduled at about 3:00pm.
*This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travellers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
**In compliance with the Covid-19 health and safety measures, the snorkeling equipment will not be provided on board (it is advisable for customers to bring their own, or to buy it new on the boat: € 9 mask, € 6 snorkel).
The price includes: English speaking skipper – Dry snacks – Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The price does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Don’t forget: Beach towel – Sunscreen – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 12-14 people on board.