Experience a unique adventure and get close to Lisbon’s wildlife. Choose this 3-hour tour aboard a comfortable RIB, accompanied by a marine biologist and an expert guide, and take part in a sea safari in search of dolphins and various other marine species that inhabit the waters of the Tagus River.
Dolphin watching excursion program in Lisbon:
- Meeting 15 minutes before departure time, from Avenida Brasília, Doca de Santo Amaro at gate n.3, 1350-353 Lisbon.
- Join a small group of just 18 people aboard a speedy RIB and cruise along the Tagus River to discover Lisbon’s coastline and its enchanting attractions.
- The tour will start passing under the Ponte 25 de Abril, an imposing red bridge connecting the opposite banks of the Tagus River, often compared to San Francisco’s Golden Gate for its similarity.
- Then, we will sail out into the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean, where, thanks to the experience of the marine biologist and the tour guide’s suggestions, you will be able to admire dolphins in their natural habitat while swimming and jumping to the surface. If you are lucky enough, it may be possible to find and admire other marine species such as whales, turtles and jellyfish. Make sure to be ready with your camera and don’t miss the chance of capturing this amazing natural show.
- On the way back, there will be a short stop to admire from the water the main attractions along the coast, such as the Bugio Lighthouse, the Belém Tower and the Discoveries Monument.
- The tour ends after 3 hours at Doca de Santo Amaro.
*The experience is not recommended for pregnant women or people who suffer from problems with the neck or back.
**The success rate of spotting dolphins is estimated at 95% but is not guaranteed as they are wild animals.
***This experience requires a minimum number of 6 travellers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
The price includes: Marine biologist – Certified guide – Crew – Lifejacket.
Don’t forget: Valid ID or passport – Warm clothes (regardless of the season) – Comfortable shoes – Sun Hat – Sunglasses – Sunscreen – Camera.
Maximum: 18 people on board.