Lisbon, Portugal’s largest city and capital, is a popular tourist destination for visitors of all ages and from all over the world. On this 2-hour tour, aboard a comfortable sailboat with only 12 guests and an experienced skipper, you’ll have the opportunity to discover it from a new perspective. In just two hours, you will be able to admire sights such as the Belém Tower and the 25 de Abril Bridge, and enjoy a panoramic view of the entire city in just two hours.
Program of the sailing cruise on the Tagus River:
- Meet 15 minutes before departure at the black van with the logo Tagus Cruises in front of Gate No. 1 of the Marina Doca do Bom Sucesso, between the BP gas station and the Vela Latina restaurant.
- The tour will take you along the River Tagus, one of Portugal’s most important rivers, which crosses the entire Iberian Peninsula.
- Along the way, you will see the Monument of Discoveries, built to celebrate the era of geographical discoveries by Portuguese navigators. Its grandeur and elegance will leave you breathless.
- Next, we will pass under the 25 de Abril Bridge, one of Lisbon’s most important and characteristic monuments, known for its sheer size and striking resemblance to San Francisco’s Golden Gate.
- The tour continues to Alfama, one of Lisbon’s most authentic neighborhoods, characterized by its unaltered nature, with narrow alleys and pastel-colored houses standing close together. This neighborhood is also home to the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, the oldest church in the city.
- Then, the Church of Santa Engrácia, a Baroque monument transformed in 1916 into the National Pantheon, where the country’s most important citizens are buried.
- Finally, on the way back to Doca do Bom Sucesso, you will be able to admire the Belém Tower, the symbol of Lisbon. It has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Among other points of interest you will be able to admire: the Electricity Museum, the São Jorge Castle and the Commercial Square, commonly known as Terreiro do Paço.
- Before the return to the port, approximately 2 hours after departure, a light aperitif will be offered on board, with a drink and snacks.
The price includes: Professional skipper – 1 drink per person – Snacks .
Don’t forget: Valid ID or passport – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Camera.
Maximum: 12 people on board.