A day on a boat is the perfect way to enjoy the wonders that Dia Island has in store for its visitors. Aboard a comfortable sailboat, with an experienced skipper and a small group of only 10 guests, you will sail around the island and discover the most beautiful unspoiled beaches and bays. You will have the opportunity to dive, swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters and enjoy a delicious lunch of typical products offered on board.
Program of the sailing cruise to Dia island from Heraklion:
- Meet 15 minutes prior to departure at the Old Port of Heraklion where you will meet the crew and board a comfortable sailing boat.
- Departure for Dia Island, a protected marine area about an hour’s boat ride from Heraklion. On the way to the small, uninhabited island on the north coast of Crete, you can enjoy the view in absolute silence as the boat sails. You can also learn some sailing secrets from the skipper, you are welcome to join in if you wish.
- The first stop will be at Agrilia Bay, one of the most exclusive and least crowded beaches on the island, where you will be able to relax while the spicy scent of wild oregano, growing in the area, wafts across the bay. Here, in the cool, clear waters of the bay, you will have time to swim and snorkel.
- Continuing our journey, we arrive at Panagia Bay, an inlet with pristine turquoise waters: flora and fauna abound in this small natural paradise; including the Kri Kri, a rare species of wild goat which can be found only on the island of Crete, and the islets of Dia, Thodorou and Agii Pandes.
- The last stop is at Agios Georgios, a beach of fine, golden sand, where the only port of the island is located. Here you can relax and swim while the crew prepares a delicious lunch made with fresh local produce.
- After a final dip in the island’s refreshing waters, you will head back to the Port of Heraklion.
- The tour will end at the port of Heraklion at approximately 16:30.
*You can request a transfer from/to your hotel for an additional charge.
**This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
The price includes: English speaking crew – Lunch – Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages – Equipment for snorkeling.
Don’t forget: Valid ID or passport – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Sunscreen – Swimsuit – Beach Towel – Camera.
Maximum: 10 people on board.