Board our spacious catamaran in Portimão and set sail along the stunning Algarve coast towards Praia de Albandeira, where your exciting adventure awaits! Hop into your kayak and explore pristine beaches, secluded bays, and the awe-inspiring Benagil Cave. Immerse yourself in a unique natural experience!
Program of the kayak experience to Benagil Cave:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to departure at Marina de Portimão, Avenida Rio Arade Quiosque, nº3, 8500-311 Portimão. Look for our Seasiren Tours staff near the kiosk at the roundabout.
- During the initial part of the tour, we’ll sail along the Algarve coast on a catamaran. Along the way, you’ll witness the breathtaking beauty of the coastline, featuring majestic golden cliffs, hidden beaches, and secret caves.
- Our first stop is Praia de Albandeira, a small beach divided by an imposing rocky cliff. This tranquil bay, sheltered from the Atlantic Ocean currents, offers calm waters. Here, you’ll transfer to your kayak with the guidance of our staff and begin your adventure!
- Once aboard the kayak, we’ll head to Benagil, a popular destination that attracts millions of visitors each year. This small village is home to Portugal’s most impressive cave, Algar de Benagil. You’ll have the opportunity to enter this natural wonder and marvel at its sculpted beauty, formed by the relentless power of the sea. The distinctive circular opening at the top of the vault, a “window to the sky,” allows sunlight to create mesmerizing displays of light and color.
- Our guide will point out significant landmarks and lead you to places of interest, such as the Captain’s Cave, Praia do Barranquinho, and Praia da Marinha. Praia da Marinha is renowned as one of the most stunning beaches in the Algarve, boasting pristine nature and crystal-clear waters perfect for snorkeling enthusiasts.
- Before returning to the catamaran, you’ll have the chance to enjoy a refreshing swim and cool off at one of the many beautiful bays and inlets along the coast.
- The tour ends after approximately 2.5 hours with the return to Marina de Portimão.
*Please note that from September 2023, for safety reasons, the Port Authority has banned access to the Benagil Cave and the inner beach by stand-up paddle and kayak. Therefore, if weather and sea conditions permit, you will have the opportunity to admire the cave from the boat.
**Please note that this experience is subject to weather and sea conditions. In case of inclement weather or unfavorable sea conditions, the tour may be canceled after confirmation. You will be offered an alternative or a full refund in such cases.
***This experience requires a minimum number of passengers. If there are insufficient bookings, the tour may be canceled after confirmation. In such cases, an alternative or a full refund will be provided.
The price includes: Professional skipper – Authorized local guide – Kayak equipment – Lifejacket – Windbreaker jacket – Neoprene suit (winter/spring).
Don’t forget to bring: Valid ID or passport – Sun hat – Sunglasses – Sunscreen – Beach towel – Swimsuit – Camera.
Maximum capacity: 30 people on board.